Deborah L. Gutosky
Pacific Edge Publishing
40 pp, blackline masters
Level: Grades 1-3
Get ready for Groundhog Day with this new resource. In this teacher-friendly unit, you will find easy-to-learn songs; a play for your students to perform; and Language Arts, Math, Writing, Science, Art and Reading activities.
The unit could be used as a learning centre or to supplement teacher-led lessons. Each activity is designed for independent work by primary children. Best of all, this unit was written by a primary teacher who understands the need for ready-to-use resources!
Table of Contents
– What Is Groundhog Day?
– What Does A Groundhog Look Like?
– What Does A Groundhog Do In Winter?
– What Does A Groundhog Sound Like?
– What Are The Groundhog’s Enemies?
– Where do Groundhogs Live?
– How Does A Groundhog Dig Holes?
– Spring Is Here!
– Mr. Groundhog Song
– This Old Groundhog Song
– Compound Words Puzzle
– Word Search
– Make a Story Map – The Groundhog Body Guard
– Groundhog Body Guard Application (sample)
– Groundhog Body Guard Application
– Sorting Words
– Draw And Label A Picture Of A Groundhog
– Rhyming Words
– Alphabetical Order
– Groundhog Poem
– Silly Sentences
– Story Starters
– Goofy Groundhogs Story Writing Sheet
– Goofy Groundhog Puzzle
– Find The Hidden Message
– Adding Pictures
– Grow Your Own Groundhog
– Make A Silhouette
– Make A Shadow Stick
– I Think Ice Is Nice #1 Experiment
– I Think Ice Is Nice #2 Experiment
– Science Experiment Report Form
– Make A Groundhog Picture
– Make Gerald Groundhog
– Goofy Groundhogs
– Self Evaluation